Dear Clients, Contractors and Associates,
POLICY UPDATE AS AT 26th March 2020
In response to the escalating situation around COVID-19, LOCATIONS estate agents will now be administering the following policies in line with Federal guidelines and best practice.
It’s important to our organisation that we don’t unnecessarily expose clients, staff, contractors or our community to the COVID-19 Corona Virus.
The advice in this area changes rapidly, and we will be implementing Social Distancing measures and required hygiene practices at our workplace and on site.
Summary of Amended Actions as at 26th March 2020:
- We will no longer accept rental payments at the office 1/69 Goondoon St, Gladstone. Payments can be made at the local ANZ branch, 13/172 Goondoon Street, Gladstone.
- Handovers for new leases will now be completely digital. All money owing will need to be paid the day prior to keys being received by the incoming tenant. The property manager will liaise with the tenant as to the digital signature of documents and exchange of keys.
- Any person(s) who make threats, inappropriate comments or use abusive language towards our staff for carrying out their duties and following protocol in relation to the newly adopted COVID-19 policy, are not permitted at the LOCATIONS office or at any of our properties available for inspection (lease or sale). The staff member reserves their right to ask the person to remove themself from the premises and contact authorities if the person doesn’t follow the request. We have a zero tolerance policy on this matter.
- Hold client meetings over the phone or video conference until otherwise advised. Under no circumstances are client meetings to be held in the office.
- Keys to be collected/returned by appointment at LOCATIONS reception and sterilized upon receipt at office premises.
- Auctions and Open Homes cancelled under advice by the National Cabinet and Prime Minister
- Set up virtual office and team members working from home in preparation for complete lock down if rolled out by the Government
- Adopt social distancing practices both in the workplace and on site at property as required
- Continue with strict office hygiene practices
- Reduce the number of people in our office by having people work remotely where possible
- Cancel all unnecessary business-related travel outside of Gladstone 4680
- Adhere to government post-travel isolation measures
- Communicate frequently with all clients and stakeholders
- Adopt technology including Zoom and Facetime to complete routine inspections, inspections and meetings to minimise workflow disruption and bottlenecks
- Sales inspections for owner occupied and tenanted properties at tenant, seller and agent discretion by appointment, whereby participants/attendees will be reminded to adhere to Social Distancing and Hygiene practices
- Routine inspections will be rescheduled and set up via videoconferencing software and digital form with tenant photo submission
- Exit and entry inspections will continue as per normal with strict hygiene practices and social distancing
- Rental inspections are cancelled for owner occupied and tenanted properties, but vacant properties will continue to be shown until further notice and participants/attendees will be reminded to adhere to Social Distancing and Hygiene practices
- Signage will be erected at our office at 1/69 Goondoon Street, Gladstone to notify occupants and attendees of our LOCATIONS COVID-19 Policy including Social Distancing of 1.5 meters away from the reception desk, as per taped area.
- Conditions of entry to be displayed at all inspections by appointment for sales and leasing inspections.
We are awaiting further advice from State and Federal Government on the proposed Rental Reflief stimulus for tenants and landlords. Until further notice, all current rental legislation is applicable.
Please refer to the RTA website and link for further information.
Symptoms & Notification
The situation is continually evolving, and we will continue to update you if our COVID-19 Health Policy changes.
So that we can keep each other safe from infection, please let us know as soon as practical, if you or anyone in your home;
- If you are experiencing the below symptoms:
- fever (37.3)
- flu-like symptoms
- runny nose
- shortness of breath
- sore throat
- has been in contact with anybody who is being tested for, OR has been confirmed positive with COVID-19
- has been tested for, OR has been confirmed positive with COVID-19
- has been overseas in the 14 days prior to our team OR our tradespeople coming to your home
- becomes sick with any one or a combination of the above symptoms, OR is tested for, OR has been confirmed positive with COVID-19 following a visit to your home.
If you are worried, take the COVID-19 coronavirus quiz
Get in Touch:
If you have any question or concerns in relation to our LOCATIONS COVID-19 policy, please get in touch with Alicia via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate your patience with this process and our business while we work to maintain workflow and minimise both disruption and risk to our clients, contractors and staff.
Alicia and the LOCATIONS team