Finding a rental property in today’s market is challenging; however, moving interstate and finding a rental property has become more complicated. After deciding to make the move from Brisbane to Gladstone, I found myself constantly refreshing realestate.com.au. Finding a rental can be considered time-consuming and lengthy, but I found it seamless and easy.
When applying for rental properties, my number one tip is always to make sure you are putting your best foot forward. The best way to do this is to be prepared with your application and ensure that you have all the correct documents ready to go before viewing a property to make the process smoother for yourself. As I was moving interstate, I had to apply for properties before viewing them to secure something as there are so many other tenants out there looking. The best advice is to be prepared with your application as this will make you stand out amongst other applications.
The application process took no longer than a few days, and before I knew it, I was approved! The next steps were to pick up the keys and move in, which sounds easy enough. Throughout the move-in process, I found that any issues or questions were answered promptly and attended to quickly, which made the move less stressful.
I’ve put together the best tips on securing a rental (interstate or local) to help assist you:
- Prepare your application before viewing the property
- Make sure you have all of your ID documents ready to go
- Answer every question (honestly) on the application to the best of your ability
- Have your two weeks rent and bond money prepared once you are approved
- Advise your employment/rental/personal references to expect a call or email from the real estate
- Book an inspection for the property you are interested in
- Introduce yourself to the agent/agency so they can assist you as well
Last but not least, don’t forget to be a polite and courteous human being when dealing with a property manager! I am so excited to be in Gladstone working on the other side of rentals now. I look forward to assisting landlords and tenants at LOCATIONS.